Surrey County Council is the admission authority for this school. Up to date information about the school’s admission arrangements; details on how to apply, either as part of the normal intake or during the school year; and information on how to appeal, can be found on the Surrey County Council website – www.surreycc.gov.uk/admissions
In Surrey your child can start school at the beginning of the school year following their fourth birthday. By law they must be in full time education by the start of the school term following their fifth birthday. You may choose for your child to start school full or part time or to defer entry until your child reaches the legal age but you cannot defer entry beyond the beginning of the final term of the academic year for which you have been offered a place. If you wish to defer taking up your child’s school place until later in the year or if you wish them to start part time, you must still apply by the deadline, and then discuss this with the school’s headteacher once you have been offered a place.
There are usually seven steps:
- Decide which schools to apply for. You can apply for up to four schools.
- Complete the application online. Applications open on 30th October 2023 and close on 15th January 2024.
- Some schools also ask for a supplementary form in addition to the application form. To find out if a school asks for a supplementary form, and to download the form, look on the Directory of Surrey schools. Where a supplementary form is needed, you must complete and return this to the address stated on the form by the closing date. Send documents to support any exceptional medical or social claim to the local authority by 15th January 2024, if applicable.
- Applications are ranked according to each school’s criteria. Surrey then determine the best offer that can be made based on the order of preferences on your application.
- You receive the outcome of your application in the evening of 16th April 2024.
- You must accept or decline the place by 30th April 2024.
- If you are not offered a place at your most preferred school, your child’s name may be added to one or more waiting lists for other schools and you will be notified if a place becomes available.
- If you are unhappy with the school place that has been offered, you can appeal. For Surrey schools you must do this by the dates shown in the appeals timetable or the dates set out against each school in the directory of Surrey schools.
Determination of Surrey’s school admission arrangements for community and voluntary controlled schools for September 2024
The admission arrangements for Surrey’s community and voluntary controlled schools for 2024 admission and Surrey’s primary and secondary coordinated schemes for 2024 have now been determined. Full details are available on the school admissions pages of Surrey County Council website under ‘Admission arrangements and outcomes’ – https://www.surreycc.gov.uk/schools-and-learning/schools/admissions/arrangements-and-outcomes
Any person or body who considers that any aspect of these admission arrangements are unlawful or not in compliance with the School Admissions Code or relevant law relating to admissions, can make an objection to the Office of the Schools Adjudicator. Further information on how to make an objection can be obtained from the Office of the Schools Adjudicator website.