September 2024 Applications
Bell Farm nursery follows the Surrey County Council Admissions criteria
- Looked after and previously looked after children
- Exceptional social/medical need
- Children of permanent members of staff where the member of staff has been employed at the school for two or more years at the time at which the application for admission to the school is made; and/or the member of staff is recruited to fill a vacant post for which
there is a demonstrable skill shortage
- Children who will have a sibling at the school or at an infant/junior school which operates shared sibling priority, at the time of the child’s admission
- Next, children who will turn 4 years old between 1 September 2024 to 31 August 2025 (this is to give priority to older children who will be due to transfer to Reception in 2025 and hence only have one year left to attend nursery)
- Children for whom the school is the nearest to their home address as measured by straight line
- All other children
Where any category is oversubscribed, children will be ranked according to the straight line distance that they live from the school with priority being given to children who live closest to the school.
In all cases admission will be subject to an application being made and places being available.
Before we can offer a Nursery place at Little Bluebells, we need to be informed by Surrey County Council of the children coming into our Reception year. Once we have this information we will know the Nursery sibling places we can offer. Surrey County Council’s notification does not take place until the middle of April each year, therefore we cannot send out our Nursery offer letters until late April each year, at the earliest.
If a child is offered a place, parents must confirm their acceptance, in writing, by the date stipulated in the letter.
The final decision as to when the child is admitted and the allocation of morning, afternoon or 30 hour sessions rests with the Headteacher and the Governors.
Children are eligible to attend Bell Farm nursery at the start of the term after their third birthday. We offer extended 30-hour places as well as the universal 15-hour per week places. 30-hour sessions are available to those who qualify for the additional hours funding, but will also be available to those who don’t, for a small hourly top up rate.
If you believe you meet the criteria for 30 hours free entitlement for 3-4 year old children, you must obtain an 11-digit eligibility code from HMRC. For details of how to apply for your code, go to www.surreycc.gov.uk/30hourschildcare. If parents are unable to get a 30 hour code before the deadline for applications, please apply anyway, making a note on the application form that you will provide us with a code as soon as you are able.
Bell Farm Little Bluebells sessions run as follows:
15 hour morning places: 8.50am – 11.50am
15 hour afternoon places: 12.30pm – 3.30pm
30 hour places: Monday to Thursday – 8.50am – 3.30pm, Friday – 8.50am – 12.10pm
If you would like to register for a place at our Nursery, you can do so by contacting the school to request an application form or by downloading and completing the application form below.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY FRIDAY 31ST MARCH 2024 AT THE LATEST.
Admission to our nursery does not guarantee a place in Reception at the school. When the child is nearing statutory school age, parents must apply for a place in Reception through the Surrey County Council website.