A mainstream place at Bell Farm Primary School does not automatically entitle a child to access the provision in the COIN centre. The Hive provides places for children via the Surrey County Council SEND admissions process. Children must have an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP). For more information on the admissions process, please visit the Surrey County Council SEND admissions website or speak to one of their SEND Case Officers. Each child’s placement will be reviewed each year at the Annual Review meeting with parents.
We offer a thorough induction process for children beginning their journey at The Hive. As a basis, we provide:
- Visits to The Hive where the children can spend some time in the class that they will be in when they join The Hive
- Teacher introduction videos to allow the children to get to know their teacher
- Photo books showing the different staff members at The Hive as well as and illustrating the routines and different areas of the school
- An information evening in the Summer term for all new parents with details of The Hive and how it works
- A home visit in September where the class teacher and teaching assistant will visit the child in the familiar setting of their own home
- Two weeks of half days at the start of the academic year
- Phased integration into mainstream classes
- In addition to this, we will also make contact with the child’s current setting, either via phone or by visiting in person, in order to gain further information about the child and their individual needs.